- This event has passed.
August 13, 2021
This year, OCR will hold a 1-day conference virtually on Friday August 13th via Zoom.
- Engaging & Empowering Youth, a panel presentation by former foster youth
- Fighting Institutional Racism, Children’s Rights, Inc.
- Foster Youth Transition Program, HB21-1094 and the new direct representation requirements and re-entry options
- Effective Parent Engagement, Rick Barinbaum, LMSW, The University of Michigan School of Social Work
- Appellate Hot Topics, OCR Appellate Attorneys Josi McCauley and Gina Bischofs
- LGBTQ Best Practices, Rainbow Alley
- Annual Case Law & Legislative Update
In lieu of a second day, OCR collaborated with NACC and ORPC to offer a broad range of child welfare content relevant to GAL practice at the NACC conference. We encourage GALs to attend OCR’s conference day on August 13th, as well as the NACC Conference.