Attorneys Help Center
Below are OCR’s official attorney appointment eligibility lists. A judge or magistrate must appoint OCR attorneys to court cases.
Find contact info for your OCR Staff Attorney Liaison by Colorado judicial district.
District 8: Jackson, Larimer
District 13: Logan, Morgan, Washington, Yuma, Kit Carson, Phillips, Sedgwick
District 9: Garfield, Rio Blanco, Pitkin
District 14: Moffat, Routt, Grand
District 19: Weld
District 20: Boulder
District 21: Mesa
District 15: Cheyenne, Kiowa, Prowers, Baca
District 16: Bent, Otero, Crowley
District 18: Arapahoe, Elbert, Lincoln, Douglas
District 7: Gunnison, Ouray, Delta, San Miguel, Montrose, Hinsdale
District 11: Park, Chaffee, Fremont, Custer
District 12: Alamosa, Costilla, Rio Grande, Conejos, Saguache, Mineral
District 22: Montezuma, Dolores
District 10: Pueblo
District 17: Adams, Broomfield
Where can I find wellbeing resources tailored to legal professionals and staff?
Please navigate to Additional Resources (https://coloradochildrep.org/attorneys/additional-resources/) and click on the heading "Colorado Lawyer Wellbeing Program" for a wealth of up-to-date supports.
Where is the current OCR Chief Justice Directive?
Chief Justice Directive 04-06 governs all appointments made through OCR. Find a link to the current version in What We Do.
Where can I find CARES help?
Search the CARES Help Center (this link or simply "Help" in the main left side menu in CARES) for an introduction to OCR's billing and case management system, tutorials about each essential feature from entering cases to invoicing, streamlining tips, and expert answers to your questions.
When and where do I apply for a contract or submit annual contract verifications?
How do I request changes to my contact info or contract status?
How does the OCR email listserv work; why didn't my email go through?
This one-page guide explains how to use the OCR listserv and its searchable archives. Remember that emails sent from unregistered email addresses or emails containing "out of office" keywords or attachments over 3MB are automatically blocked to protect others' inboxes. If your message is blocked, try resending it from the email address you requested OCR to use for the listserv (or request a change here), be sure to cut large attachments, and delete any "out of office" text anywhere in the body of the email you are sending.
Where can I see contact info for a fellow contractor or OCR staff attorney liaison?
Find contact information for GALs, CFY, CLRs, Litigation Support, and Staff Attorneys above in the Attorneys Help Center, and see Change Requests above to change your contact information.
Where do I find the Appellate & Litigation Support List?
What collateral representation can I access through OCR?
Click here for an overview of the collateral representation program (through CHLP) and contact information for it, and see the next FAQ for the preapproval request link (if preapproval is needed).
How do I request an expert, second chair, or collateral representation?
How do I request an associate?
- Associate attorneys seeking to carry their own OCR cases must apply for an OCR contract.
- Certify non-case-carrying associates using the "Add Staff" button in CARES > User Settings > My Office (it takes you to the Certification of Proposed Non-Case-Carrying Associate form).
- See OCR’s billing policies, which include policies regarding staff in your office.
Where can I find the GRID book?
Navigate to this website's GRID page to find the Guided Reference in Dependency (GRID) book.
How do I request an interpreter?
How do I certify annual required OCR training and optionally bill for in-person, OCR-hosted training?
How do I access Westlaw free through OCR?
- For free access to Westlaw (OCR contract attorneys only), execute an OCR Westlaw User Agreement here, being sure to "Finish" at the end. You must use an email unique to you (meaning an email address that is not shared with another Westlaw user).
- After Westlaw accepts and processes your finished form, you will receive a registration key at the email address you provided on the User Agreement. Click Register in that email to start using Westlaw.
How can I activate my Colorado Courts Data Access account?
Current OCR attorneys may use the steps below to request their first OCR account and to register a new/different email address (please note that the old email will lose access).
- Current OCR attorneys may visit https://www.jbits.courts.state.co.us/pas/pubaccess/.
- Choose “Request Government Account” at this link and “Government Agency Account.”
- Follow the instructions remembering that only current OCR attorneys will be granted access. Our agency name is Office of the Child’s Representative. You cannot use the same account for multiple agencies. The data access administrators will verify your request with OCR and will regularly audit system usage.
- After you have an account, direct questions about using the system to email@example.com.
How do I request a court badge?
OCR can provide contractors (individuals who have their own direct contract with OCR) with a photo ID badge to grant expedited access to courts in some (but not all) judicial districts. This may also facilitate entry into schools and other locations. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a badge from OCR. Include a photo if you want the badge mailed to you; otherwise you can visit Denver to take a photo and pick up your badge.